Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Not Just Another John Doe

My lip is finally healing, to me a miracle. I now can sing Aerosmith songs without bleeding. Anyways, yesterday after studying for my Maths test which was going to be at 8 o’clock in the morning on the next day. So yeah, I went to the room and went online to check my current standings. Pala saw what I was doing and so he wanted to check his too. Then I asked him, how did he get URL if he forgot cause I just guessed the URL. He said google can find anything, even me, he asked me to type my name and see. One of those, I m pretty sure kinda thing, since he didn’t actually know. So I keyed “Vikneshan Sundaralingam on my google toolbar thingy… in a few seconds: “ Vikneshan A/L Sundaralingam 741 Jalan RJ 1/17 Taman Rasah Jaya” I was like WTH… wanna know more??

Guess what sites were this?… PLKN(Program Latihan Khidmat Negara) in English, National Service. I was one of those “lucky”( so the government claims) to be selected. Better not go there, I think you can guess how I felt like during NS but if you can’t please feel free to refer to my previous blog. What is wrong with these people, It is the ministry of defense and the leave information like this accessible to the public. Even though I know I m not like the most wanted or anything but still why make it so easy for someone who wants to maybe assassinate me or frame me for something. But that’s not the point here, the point is how responsible can the government be for keeping information like that openly in the net. This has been there for almost two years already. The basic albeit important information like IC Numbers and addresses of those NS trainees. To think JKN is under the ministry of defense omg… scary, I wonder how they would be able to handle cyber threats if small things like this could pass unnoticed. For your information, this documents are just kept as text that readily accessible to anyone who has at part of your name. Pala and I plan to report this to the press. To others, it may seem like something negligible, but not us haha… both of us wanna have a piece of the Ministry. Suggestions? Take em’ off the net and get your system sorted out.

Even more surprising some colleges/ universities do the same thing. OMG... all information displayed including major etc. Will save the details till it really matters, since i dont want to condemn anyone else.

Today, guess what I m doing now? I m actually locked outside the house cause I didn’t listen to my mum when she asked me to bring the keys along with me to Subang Jaya. I have one more paper on Friday , today is Tuesday. I m using my laptop with two hours left on the laptop battery cause I didn’t charge it. Ain’t I silly :P I thought my sister would be at home, but she went to Aileen’s place haha… you know what they say happens when you assume. Sigh, this past few weeks have the hardest times of my life.

Three and a half hours later the animal get in the house and haves a GREAT day.

I’m no John Doe even if I want to be at times,
Vikky.