Friday, January 06, 2006

Winter 2006 with Smileys



WINTER 2006.


This semester started out with a boggling 140 new people considering it’s ADP we are talking about. Not much of a difference though, just congested corridors, noisy mornings and new faces. Only taking three subjects this semester because I decided to not over-work myself with three science subjects after being persuaded by Pala(not blaming him). Here’s a preliminary commentary on some elements of the semester.

Maths 172

Mr. Joshua teaches this course. Last semester, I heard a lot of warnings about Joshua and how he teaches…etc. So far not bad, don’t know what’s gonna happen next though. He’s a Chinese guy aged 26 or something with a PHD in maths with jokes that seem somewhat “adult-like” even for adults and mostly carrying very little pertinenece with the topic at hand. However, seems like fun… I hope it will be.


Currently:



Chem 106

Hmm…shoulder pads, a coat, a dress, amethyst-crystal band on her hand and eccentric glasses: the one and only “Ms” Ng is the lecture for this course. Notice the Ms in quotation marks? Ya well it’s because she’s married but she doesn’t wanna be addressed as Mrs for some reason(I m sure you can guess why).

First day of class appears to be less offensive than the days after that. I dunno whether she is doing this on purpose or not; She mistakes me as Isa (Vikn ‘esha’ n prolly that’s why) and then she says this : “ Sorry, must be the blood mix, you look more Malay than both of them”. Not the first time… that’s why I’m worried. I think she targets her victims, all four boys … I tell you… she is like a hungry predator (except she hunts for a different kinda food – the joy of embarrassing others). Victor, Syabil and I all got the “honors” of cleaning the whiteboard… it’s not like we had a choice. Mostly poor Syabil, getting bombarded with “shape ur S’es properly” s every two minutes just because he wrote his “S” wrongly on a form. Sigh…

Anyways, its fun!!! Cause I think I know she’s a nice lecture… YES SHE IS!!! (me convincing myself). Nah just kidding, she is.

PS- Solvation/Hydration is also Aqua-ing

Phy 211

Mr. Loh seems like a good guy… *but looks can be deceiving* so I’ll leave a lil space for reservations… Everyone in class is so quiet especially when he asks something, dunno why.

I’m looking forward to learning more stuff even though it seems like there is very little to write about. Remember *… *?