Monday, December 26, 2005

Carol like no other

This is what i get if i write at 3am with nothing else but this in mind.


Tonight my heart's dressed in white
No one hears me whining
No one but the wine i'm holding
My senses are hazed and confused
Cause I can't clear my mind from the thoughts of time
I look for memories of you that still cling tight
I know I still feel and emptyness that makes me fight
I need an excuse, I need it fast
I need one to stop the voices in my head from reveberating

This is the time i wonder what you're doing
This is the time i wait for you to come home, oh...

I wish you well
Where ever you are
I'm thinking of you right now
Will always
Coz i know you're worth more than you are

I dunno why i'm writing this song
but i guess i'm trying to fix the void
With words proliferating out of my head
Creating a rut that never really ends
A stir, which doesn't need an end.

Tonight my heart's dressed in white
My mind creates its own plights
The broken glass on the floor
Calling me a coward
Which now i don't doubt i'm
For i fear what lies ahead of us
I just need an excuse, i need it fast
To stop your picture from fading away.

I wish you well
Where ever you are
I know now what this is for
Good night and Merry Christmas.